Project Manager - Maryborough
Job ID: 592106
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance, Manufacturing, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rollingstock Services is seeking applications from a experienced Project Manager for, predominantly rollingstock overhaul projects, located in Maryborough, Qld. The Maryborough site is committed to being a world leader in providing the highest quality of rollingstock & overhaul services for both the local Queensland and overall Australian markets. This opportunity would be attractive to a professional seeking a Sea or Tree Change on the Fraser Coast (with close proximity to Fraser Island) whilst being part of a major ASX listed organisation.
The role of the Project Manager is to oversee and manage the project team to deliver specified outcomes for stakeholders in terms of safety, scope, quality, standards, budget, timeframes and customer expectations. This is a critical role that requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, often managing several project deliverables simultaneously.
Fundamental position requirements –
- Good communication skills to provide a clear vision and full alignment working within a team of professionals while creating certainty of timely delivery of project outcomes within budget.
- Full understanding of scope and budget with the ability to develop project solutions which meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Project Management and/or Engineering
- Proven experience in Project Management of complex projects with AIPM or similar certification (rail/rollingstock experience highly regarded)
- A strong track record in project and contract delivery with specific project examples and the ability to articulate methodology
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A robust and direct approach to negotiation (including disputes) and people management of both direct and indirect staff
- A demonstrated approach to safety and standards with an eye for detail for both the project and the processes involved in delivery
- Advanced cost management and budgeting skills with a collaborative approach to cost reduction and streamlining whilst maintaining output and standards through innovation
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Ability to direct, guide and motivate the project team
- Commitment to become accredited with AIPM within 2 years of commencement
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- Initially 6 months with a strong potential for a permanent position with an excellent remuneration package on offer - Maryborough (QLD) location.
You will work on an established site and have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience while still providing challenges along with both personal and career development opportunities.
Offering an attractive package for the successful candidate and job security the opportunity also offers the added bonus that comes with being situated on the Fraser Coast region of a less expensive, stress-free environment creating unparalleled work/life balance.
Please contact Rachel via Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
(Please note Downer Group does not accept applications via email)
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time