Payroll Training Leader
Job ID: 592297
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Finance & Payroll, Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Are you a payroll specialist or team lead looking for that next step in your payroll career? Do you consider yourself a Payroll expert, the "Go To" and love teaching people in all things payroll? If so we have a fantastic opportunity combining both worlds, offering the opportunity to utilise your leadership skills. This position is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract based in Melbourne St Kilda Road and sits within our Business Services Centre (BSC)
The BSC Payroll Training Team Leader is primarily responsible for the design, arrangements and implementation of payroll training on the BSC payroll policies/procedures (including payroll systems) within the Downer BSC Payroll, as well as the induction of new employees to the Payroll Operations team to ensure new Payroll specialists are provided with comprehensive payroll training and support, and settled into their roles
Reporting to the Payroll Compliance Manager your role as Training Team Leader will be responsible for although not limited to.
- Designing and developing learning modules to be presented to specified audience
- Creating presentations in a wide range of formats
- Planning training programs in consultation with Payroll Manager, Payroll Team Leaders and based on the audit findings
- Developing and maintain a skills matrix for all payroll staff to assess competences and individual learning pathways within the payroll team
- Developing, maintain and review assessment tools and survey training participants to further develop training programs
- Assisting in training presenters with techniques for effective results
- Adhering to all Downer policies, procedures and standards.
- Exercising confidentiality and privacy protection as per the Privacy Act.
- 8+ years’ of demonstrated Payroll experience
- 2+ years’ experience of writing and conducting training sessions
- Strong Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills
- A passion for continuous learning (including payroll legislation updates)
- 2+ years of Oracle Express, SAP, HR system experience or other date-driven payroll systems (not essential)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (not essential)
WHAT WE OFFER
As an employee of Downer, you may benefit from a range of career support programs, well-being packages and financial benefits, available through us and our selected partners. These include:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Salary sacrifice superannuation;
- Novated leasing;
- Banking discounts & offers;
- Discounted travel & accommodation;
- Discounted vehicle rentals;
- Offers and cash back on selected shopping portals;
- Discounts on technology products; and
- Exclusive offers on a range of vehicles.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Paul Sampedro for more information on Paul.Sampedro@downergroup.com. Please note that application via email will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time