WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Next Generation Technologies (NGT) helps customers respond and leverage technical innovation to their competitive advantage. Downer has formed the NGT business, which delivers state-of-the-art technical solutions and services for Government Agencies, Local Governments, Transport Authorities, Industrial and Resources customers by implementing Ticketing Systems ITS (Intelligent Transport Solutions), Communications Networks, CCTV, Security and Access Control Systems.
Due to recently awarded contracts, our workload has significantly increased. We are seeking a Security Technician to join our team on a full-time permanent basis to assist with the projects in infrastructure, public transport, and mining sectors. You will be responsible for technical security works in the service/repair, alteration, installation and maintenance of CCTV, access control and intruder detection systems, and structured cabling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Security Technician, you will be performing the following tasks
- Evaluation, diagnoses, troubleshooting and repairing Security and IP CCTV systems.
- Performing system upgrades and additions to Security and IP CCTV systems to increase functionality and usability.
- Performing Security, CCTV software changes and fault find as required on CCTV VMS’s and cameras, access control systems, and intrusion alarm systems as needed.
- Installation, termination and testing structured cabling systems (CAT6, CAT6A).
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of network equipment.
- Liaising with in-house and client network engineers
- Communicating with the client onsite regarding job status, ongoing faults and fixes as well as conducting end-user training
- Coordinating with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Informing personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Preparing documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, key inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Requesting equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responding to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Assist other trades personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (i.e. coordination with electricians, communications technicians, etc.)
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Security Technician preferably in infrastructure, industrial, commercial, Public Transport Authority, rail and resources sector
- WA Police Security Installers/Consultants license
- ACMA Open Cablers Licence with Structured and Coax cabling endorsements (Fibre endorsement also desirable)
- Proficient and certified in Integriti, Tecom and Inception Security Systems
- Proficient and certified in one or more CCTV VMS’s such as Milestone, Genetec, Geutebruck, Indigo Vision, Bosch, etc.
- WAH and EWP (desirable)
- Confined Spaces (desirable)
- BHP inductions (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- This role offers you an opportunity to work in an agile dynamic environment
- Ability to develop your career within a highly successful and multi-disciplined organisation
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee differences and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button.
To be considered for these opportunities you must be able to demonstrate that you have full working rights in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Back to search results