- Join an exciting team who together, are building something remarkable
- A role with impact, purpose and huge opportunity
- Gain access to Downer career development, financial, health and lifestyle benefits
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It's not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
We’re seeking a Resource Manager to support the resource management capability within one of our largest projects. This role is a 6-month fixed term contract with a view to extend or go permanent, and an immediate start.
We’re proud of all we’ve achieved so far but there’s much more to do. And your role, as a Resource Manager, will be critical in helping us to build a better, stronger, more agile DPS.
Guided by the Program Manager, you’ll manage the resource management needs of a large project, making informed resourcing decisions whilst utilising experience your data analytics and sub-contractor vendor management experience. You’ll also work closely with the broader DPS resource management team, to build out our resource management strategy and planning activities.
To succeed in this endeavour, you will:
- Enable resource allocation decisions and lead planning activities to effectively meet the project's resource needs; including supporting sourcing decisions (subcontractor or permanent employee)
- Utilise resource management data to support decision making and optimal resources utilisation
- Provide an integral connection between the projects resource management needs and the broader DPS workforce
Beyond the day-to-day responsibilities, you may also be asked to be involved in the advancement of our Resource Management function; providing input, advice and time on a variety of internal projects.
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have for this role:
- A current NV1 security clearance or higher
We’re also looking for:
- Experience in a Resource Management role; ideally within the professional services industry
- Experience in subcontractor vendor management
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products e.g., Outlook, Excel
- Strong communication skills, and you’ll also be an analytical thinker who loves solving complex problems.
More than anything, you’ll have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a drive to provide resource management support for our projects and programs that build sovereign capability and deliver complex things that matter.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we're working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position.
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Back to search results