Job ID: 593386
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Maintenance, Manufacturing, Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail & Transit Systems (RTS) is a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Coordinator to join our team and provide successful delivery of Procurement and Contract Management services for their assigned portfolio within RTS.
This role will suit a value driven individual with problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and experience working collaboratively in a cross-functioning team environment.
We are currently seeking a Procurement Coordinator to support our QLD projects based in Maryborough. The Procurement Coordinator will be there to pre-emptively identify key supplier support requirements and establish Supplier Support arrangements with various suppliers with the support of the Category Managers.
In this role you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Supplier Contract lifecycle management (Supplier Contract & Performance Management and Project close out)
- Readiness - ensure that Materials and Services sourced via Suppliers are delivered on time and to specification
- Monitor & Control Inventory build
- Warranty Management
- Project Procurement Risk Management
- Project Governance and Reporting
- TAFE certificate in Purchasing and Supply (Minimum Qualification Preferred)
- Project Procurement within a construction, services or manufacturing environment. Experience in Rail Industry highly desirable
- Experience in dealing with external suppliers
- Experience in managing contractual arrangements on transport or infrastructure projects;
- Experience with structured Risk Management Processes
- Experience with Contract / Performance Management
- Understanding of Procurement best practice
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice (International and Domestic Logistics / Warehouse and Inventory Management)
- Moderate commercial acumen
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the business
- Awareness of Warranty Management, Defect Management and New Vehicle Acceptance
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, consistency and self-disciplined
In return you will form part of the Downer Rail & Transit Systems team and work with some of our key projects with a dedication to a continuing legacy of engineering and manufacturing excellence. You will work with a leading company that can provide job security and the opportunity to develop and grow your career while receiving a generous remuneration package, training and support.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Rachel.Jones3@Downergroup.com
Please note we do not accept applications directly via email, please apply directly through the online portal
“Not withstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time